Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Kirby Jane (baby girl)

our sweet Kirby Jane was born 9 days ago
May 7, 2018 at 3:11 in the afternoon
she is more than I could've dreamed or imagined 

we started our Monday morning out as a family of 4, not really expecting to end the day with an additional member (but certainly hopeful)
the boys were SO SO SO excited
when we ran home to get our stuff in between doctors office and hospital, they were talking and jumping and asking a million questions about "baby girl"
when we walked in the door, Townes said "baby girl is coming out today!"
then asked "is she going to be our new grandma?"
after i answered in the negative, he said, "well, what is she going to be when she grows up?"
i told him that she'll always be his little sister
to which he replied, "we'll have to get her a big bow"
i said, "oh, for her hair?"
he clarified, "no, to shoot deer with!"
naturally

 I was at the doctor at 9:15, the hospital at 11 and ready to push at 3
It all went incredibly smooth and dare i say, uneventful (except for the part of actually having a baby)!
a sincere "thank you" to anyone who has been praying for this. seriously. 

baby girl was diagnosed with mild hydronephrosis in-utero, so we had multiple ultrasounds along the way with my OB and with Maternal Fetal Medicine 
but NOTHING compares to seeing and holding your baby for the first time.
it really is the most overwhelming emotion i have ever felt in my life
absolute relief and incomparable joy 

(brace yourself for the photo overload)

these boys LOVE their sister
i mean, can not get enough of her
from the first second they saw her they have been slightly obsessed
and i'm absolutely certain that there is no way i could have prepared my heart for that
thank you Lord for these good and perfect gifts

best friends really know the way to my heart
we had so many sweet visitors, i wish i had taken pictures with everyone!

we didn't give her a first name until after she was born
i had to meet her first, ya know?
we've just called her baby girl ever since we knew she was a she
her middle name is Jane, after my dads sister
we now share that name
Kirby is my maiden name
one that has always been in my mind as an option for a baby girl
after i saw her, i knew that was perfect for our little sweetness

this guy is officially done for
he even asked if she had a headband to match her outfit (heart eyes)
ready to go home!
i always bring my pack mule

i still can't believe that she's mine ours

2 comments:

The Heart Mom said...

Nothing sweeeeeter. Than seeing my baby girl with her baby girl. And loving them both with my whole heart ����

Sarah Jenkins said...

I am just now getting a chance to read this.....Katelyn, she is just beautiful, just like you. I know you are just over the moon happy & feeling so blessed about Kirby Jane. She is truly adorable. I just love seeing your sweet family!