Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: black river

i'm sure that i've written about Amos Lee before.
well, if i haven't...it's a cryin' shame!

this mans voice is so soothing
his music is the kind that allows you to take that long, deep sigh and sink all the way in to your chair...close your eyes and listen.

i'm not entirely sure what he's referring to as "black river"
in one verse he references "dear saviour"
in another "sweet whiskey"....
all "gonna take my cares away"

the last verse 
"you're gonna take my bottle, my bible, my mess
you're gonna take all of my empty and my loneliness
gonna take all of this sadness inside of me
gonna take it all and set me free"

whatever he means, the writer is in some pain

and i'm not about to conduct an AP English analysis of this lyric
i feel myself headed that direction if i don't abort ship right now

where was i?
oh yeah, his voice

so, just let yourself listen, close your eyes, deep breath.............

No comments: