Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: maker

several weeks ago, I heard Geoff Moore sing and share with us
He has been a part of (written or co-written(sp?))some great worship songs over the past 20 or so years.
 
He shared with us about adopting his two girls from China and a little of their background.
He told us how much joy they brought to his life and how he never knew how much he needed them.
He told us that one of his daughters was found under a bridge as a baby and given to an orphanage.
His other daughter has a similar story.
Then he shared this:
"Anna asked me a while back if Jesus knew her when she was a baby in China and if He knew where she was". {cue the waterworks}
then he sang these words 
 
we sing these words often at our church, but never before have they been so alive to me.
the words have been given texture and a face.
 
I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hand

I have a Father
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

1 comment:

The Heart Mom said...

Oh Katie. How precious this story is.