Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inauguration thoughts

As I watched the inauguration and coinciding events yesterday, a lot of me felt proud.
Proud to be an American.
Another part of me felt like it was an extravagant overuse of our resources. 
But, in light of this blog being anything but a political blog...i move on.
I, unapologetically, love inaugurations...the pomp and circumstance, the traditions, the formality.
Although I voted for and support another party, I am behind our president. 
I am not behind much of what he stands for, but I am behind him because I respect the position that he holds.
Yesterday, I felt the need for prayer.
Prayer for our leaders and for our country.
I pray that we go against the culture and fight for our country to, once again, follow God.
It is obvious where God has been rejected
.
“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.” 
― George Washington 


On a much lighter note:

I did love all of the singing at the inauguration
especially, this guy


I also loved Michelle's dress. She looked lovely.
and the bangs. 
They have been a very popular topic of conversation.
 I feel like i've heard more about her dress and bangs than the politics and importance of the day!


I have more thoughts, but that'll do for now.
Daily, I will pray for our leaders. That they will recognize what George Washington stated. 
our nation can not be rightly governed without God.
It can not. We are witnessing this daily (unfortunately).
I truly pray blessings on our President as he serves this country in a role of leadership.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That quote from George Washington is a great one. It's amazing to think that our nation was once governed by the principles found int he Bible - even those who wouldn't call themselves Christians often lived by the precepts found in the Bible and God blessed America for that. Oh how I wish my little girlies were growing up in an America like that.

Still, we're awfully blessed to be Americans, aren't we?

Just found your blog today - I'm your newest follower :)