Tuesday, April 10, 2012

a party for Mom

We had such a wonderful time celebrating 60 years of my mom!
It's not easy to plan a party for someone that has her hand in every event in the family.
But, we did it!
The weather was perfect and some of her dear friends from out of town came in for the evening. 

I chose to decorate in white and yellow, using lots of daisys.
Daisys are her favorite and the flowers used in my parents wedding. 

It was so much fun gathering pictures of mom over the years.

I don't use yellow often, but it was really fun and cheery! 

Ms. Grace, who made my wedding cake, a very dear friend made the beautiful cake

Mom appropriately and unknowingly matched the decor perfectly

The banner was inspired by a photo on Pinterest, of course. 


Chrys had the back porch decorated perfectly. 

A wonderful crowd of people who love my mom

Jake made everyone cry before dinner

perfect evening

aren't her azaleas gorgeous!

sister, son and mother-n-law

thanks Chrys for hosting!

some great friends

Jamie and I put together a little video scrapbook of photos of mom over the years.
She had some killer hairstyles

Beau wanted to help her open gifts

We, the kids, gave her a heart Tiffany necklace. 
She was surprised

and I think she likes it

the fam, minus GT (he was in Haiti)
Sooooo glad Josh flew in from LA

how do you pull something like this off?
with these women.
Thank goodness for my mamaws, Chrys and Grace.

Just tell them what you're thinking and it's done. These women know how to throw a party.

I didn't take a picture of it, but my favorite gift mom received was a book of letters.
Everyone wrote a letter about mom, their favorite story or just what they love about her.
I bound them all in a scrapbook and she sat down for hours after the party just reading them.
She has some wonderful friends and great relationships
Each letter contained something special about mom and how wonderful she is. 


It was a great night celebrating mom and her 60 years. 
Although, she deserves a giant celebration in the White House or something of equal caliber. 

I'm thankful for the influence of great women in my life.



No comments: