Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Hopefully, ours grows....
well, just grows.

Thanks to my husband, i have a square foot garden box.
He said it was "basic".
Ain't nothing basic about it boo.
I can hammer a nail in a wall for a picture, but that takes a few tries to get it right.
My box would've def been a trapezoid or some odd geometric figure.

Luckily, this guy was here to oversee with me.
He provided the laziness and I provided the orders.
Quite a team.

That there lawn chair/lounge was my chosen spot for supervising this job.

The lettuce to be planted and hopefully harvested at maturation.

My guide.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Mel is quite the expert.

Worker, worker bee.

The end.

Well, half of it anyway.
Come springtime the other half of the rectangle will be filled.
I'm not fond of many of the veggies that can be planted in the fall.
So, just some broccoli, onion and lettuces for now. And some mums for pretty sake.
But, in Marchish-Mayish...i'm gonna be up to my nose in squash, pepper, tomatoes and the like.


here's to becoming self-sufficient
Kate

No comments: