Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake

I am finding it very hard to make a list of things that I love on this Friday.
When something of this magnitude occurs, how can you focus on anything else?
The earthquake in Japan that just happened has been devestating so far and there is still much more damage to be done.
At least 300 people have been found dead. What??? In such short time. The waters were rushing at 620mph. I can not even fathom that. They say that this is the biggest earthquake in 140 years for Japan.
(info source: the weather channel)

this is the projection for the strenth of the waves to hit
(p.s. i don't know what those numbers mean, i just know it's not good)
the aftermath is looking like it will be terrible, as well.


There is definitely one thing that I am thankful for on this Friday
safety
Praise God that my family is safe.
I just don't think that my heart could handle that amount of destruction.
Though, my heart is heavy for those in Japan and those 19 countries on the lookout for a Tsunami.
My old roommate from Dallas, Melanie, is teaching in Japan and I have read that she is safe.
What fear she must have felt/is feeling???

Please, join with me in prayer for all of those affected and to be affected for years to come.

images via
stay tuned to the weather channel for up-to-date news
actually, pick any channel...it's being covered


thankful and praying,
kate

No comments: