Friday, February 18, 2011

hey, hey, it's a friday!

 Well, we have completed week 2 as residence of West Monroe and have survived.
This friday I am loving these things:
1. GT is thriving in his new role and I a thrilled for him. It's such a blessing to have a job that you love and work with people that you also love and enjoy being around. They're also very entertaining...perhaps that's why they have a tv show.
My journey to an employed woman is slow going. Last week I had 3 interviews and am waiting to hear from them. You'd think they'd at least call and say "no, thanks", but nothing? So, my days are filled with random things.
2.  Crocheting has been my main time-taker and hopefully i'll get an etsy shop opened soon and sell some of these babies. Here are a few things I've completed.
(sorry for the model, she's all that was laying around this morning)




3. ladies' get-togethers
Last night, I attended my first Heart2Home. The details of this awesome ministry is a whole 'nother post.
I loved it though and had a fun time with other girlies.
Wednesday, we also had a girls night for our fam of Bunko, Bible study and Birthdays...cute, huh?
This is why I love living in WM, I can attend these things.
All the women couldn't make it, so our group was a little thin. Not after Mamaw Jo's pecan caramel cake though. woowee...make me slap my mama good.
Aslyn(the littlest) won 2 of the prizes! I'd say we're raisin' her right.

4. Getting rid of old formals.
I had no idea that there were so many rhinestones, sparkles and toile(sp?) left in my closet.
Bless those girls who take on the task of getting in that poof.
Strangely, I had no sentimental break down getting these outta here...just happy to get rid of 'em.


5. The weather has been dreamy.


happy weeksend bloggie friends,
Kate

No comments: