Monday, January 10, 2011

Staying in and eating good

We have joined the ranks of those in the south who are "snowed in".
Let me clarify.
If we were in Colorado, we would not be snowed in.
But, because we are in Arkansas, we are.
Luckily.
Me and GT and the pups. Loverly.
We are going to go into work in about an hour, but at least we had the morning to ourselves on a Monday.
How delightful!
It started snowing yesterday afternoon, so we made the decision to hunker down and stay on the couch.
We watched football and Open Range. I love Westerns. They inspire me, not sure in what way...but inspiring nonetheless. Now, back to the matter at hand...eating good.

Lately, GT and I have decided to eat healthier...more natural foods.
GT always eats well. He makes the healthy choice 95%  of the time or more. Me, on the other hand...not so much. I love unhealthy foods.
So, I started cooking out of our Vegan cookbook and made some surprisingly delicious and new creations.
Sweet potato and black bean enchiladas. Don't judge too quickly. They were divine!!!
Then garbanzo bean, rosemary and zucchini pasta...so refreshingly delicious.
Then, we got snowed in. I made shells n' cheese. And I do not regret it. Sometimes you just gotta. I love those.
Don't judge me.


getting healthier every day.
maybe.
if it doesn't snow anymore.

kate

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Girl, I need those recipes! Can you shoot them my way?