Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Haiti, one year later

Driving to work this morning I was totally thinking of myself and my day when KLOVE reminded me why it and everything else is not about me.
I was reminded that today is the 1st anniversary of the Haiti earthquake.
How could I ever forget that?
Last year, I am sure I thought that I would remember that day.
Our hearts were so full of saddness for those that lost everything.
How quickly we (I) forget.
Because it is not tangible and it has no direct effect on me, I forgot.
I'm sure those children without parents didn't forget. I'm sure those who were widowed didn't forget. I'm sure those families living in tents didn't forget. I'm sure those men and women still down there caring for those hurting didn't forget.

and thankfully, these people didn't forget.
Michael W.Smith gathered musicians together to raise money for Haiti.
 The contributing artists included Amy Grant, TobyMac, Matt Maher, Oak Ridge Boys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Lee Greenwood, Wynona, Casting Crowns and lots of others. How eclectic and awesome!


Days like today make me wonder why God chose me to live comfortably.
Not only comfortably, but in luxury.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings I have of family, food and a home. Things that I rarely take 1 second to think about being there.

May we never forget our blessings.
May we never forget those that are hurting and without.

Praise God for His powerful healing

2 comments:

Jake and Jamie + 1 said...

Beautiful words sister and thanks for reminding us of how we are to live as servants for the Lord. I'm always proud to have you as a sister and as Beau's Aunt. I'm looking forward to little Gumbeau knowing your sweet, tender heart. Later gator

The Heart Mom said...

Out of your blessed life, you have a tender place for the hurting and over your young life have given much talent and time to helping them endure. I'm grateful for your humility and your compassion. It makes me feel so blessed to have you as my daughter.
WFR has a team in Haiti this week helping to get houses constructed and encouraging their local church. How beautiful are the feet who go with the Gospel and it's loving grace.
Love you,
Mom