Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's a wrap...State Champs What?

 A few weekends ago we had the pleasure of watching a record setting game.
GT's brother, Ty, helped coach a Mississippi High School, Lafayette, to a State Championship and be the first team to go 16-0 ever for a season. I love high school football.

p.s. for all you Louisianans...Mississippi say it La-FAY-it. not Laf-eee-et. Huh.

We and Garrett drove from LR and my MIL and FIL drove from Huntsville to my parents in West Money, then we all drove together to MS. We had a great time all being together. My parents and my inlaws...perfect. I know we're pretty lucky to have parents that actually like being together...hooray for family!
Anywhoooo, we had so much fun. I was fighting off a stomach virus from the previous 2 days...so ignore my snarls in all of the pictures. It was the only expression I could muster up. We really were happy and excited.


the run through sign. original. seriously.

 
Poor Ty...probably doesn't have any nails left.

Probably giving some life changing advice.

encouraging brosifs

hand shakes are for men

See Ty? right there. yeah, the guy with his arms in the air

 
The proud coach and wife sharing the joy with the fam

coach and gorgeous SIL/proud wife

the familia

 
before the game we went here
(sorry about the snarl, i wasn't appreciating the buffett at this point)
everyone else was pleased though, even though Mama ran out of peach cobbler

Hooray for athletic family!
Kate

1 comment:

Lauren said...

My roomie in college went to La-FAY-ette High and there were many arguments in the dorm between her and Jojo (and Ginger Lynch) on how to pronounce it correctly. ha!