Friday, December 17, 2010

belated birthday

Happy belated birthday to my dad!
His bday was Wednesday and I just didn't post about it.
So, here it is.
Of course, I only have some recent pics of him, but they'll do.
He'll probably hate that I even posted about him at all.
But I love him and his humility.
I love my dad because:
He's happy when we're happy.
He loves GT


He allowed us to go to wonderful places and never made it about him.


 He sits on the back porch with me and loves to be outside as much as I do

 He built that pond and stocked it and loves to fish out of it.
He's a real man.


He loves me.
"Daddy's hands, soft and kind when I was cryin'. Daddys hands, hard as steel when I dun wrong."
It's true. I love him for his firm discipline but ability to show me an unconditional love.
 Because of that I have a very strong respect for him and absolutely adore him.

 He loves my mom and I have never doubted that.
His needs are never first.
and they look gorgeous together.


 He always sits like this. Always.
And he doesn't take himself too seriously.


He knows how to relax and enjoy his family

He is the hardest worker I know.
There's no excuse when a job needs to get done.
No complaints.


He is an awesome Randaddy (I gave him that name).
He's Pa. Just like his dad. Who was my Pa.
My dad came from a good man. That might be why he's so great. His dad was great.


He planted wildflower seeds on his property in the winter just for my bridal portaits in the spring.

He puts up with the kagillions of pictures mom and I take. All while taking our family on awesome vacays. 



He loves the same things that I love.
We can ride in his truck for an hour and say nothing at all and we're ok with that.
Or we can talk the entire time and solve the worlds problems.

There are many more things that I love about my dad.
That's a start though.
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY DAD!

Also, yesterday was Wood-e-rows 1st birthday.
He's happy in the woods.

2nd day we owned him.

Maggie and Woodrows shared a bed since day one.

Still are...1 year later.




Reminiscing,
Kate

1 comment:

Jake and Jamie + 1 said...

well done sista! excellent tribute to the best man in the world and to one cool little doggy!!