Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Newlywed Dates

 GT and I are both very independent people by nature. We run our errands separately most often. We can go shopping alone. We can drive places separately.
This is not because we don't like eachother. On the contrare, I choose to be with him any chance I get.
We just both are naturally inclined to just get things done whether its together or separately. I go to the grocery store solo. He goes to Academy sports and Tractor Supply solo. We do run errands together if we were already out.
Well, a few weeks ago we ran our errands together one evening...consciously.
It was delightful.
I love my mans company...why wouldn't it be perfect whilst running errands? Who knew?
I said..."I am going to run to Big Lots and get our lights". He said..."Wait and I'll go with you, I need to go by Sears too". hmmmm.....ok.
I loved. Wonderful.
Being with my fave person is always better.

My thinking is that this is due to each of us living on our own for a while before getting married. We didn't go straight from college or straight from our parents homes into marriage. We got use to getting things done by ourselves. Being independent.
So Newlywed lesson #3478934.  Run your errands together even if they aren't for you.
Oh, the things I am yet to learn.










5 comments:

The Heart Mom said...

Two is always better than one.
Especially if the two are in love.

The Heart Mom said...

Two is? or Two are?

Lana Summitt said...

I agree. I also love to be alone... movies by myself, grocery by myself, work out by myself... but being together can just really be the best too! Independence is healthy... (in my humble opinion)

Laura for Something Legit said...

a. I LOVE YOUR ENSEMBLE, love it.
b. there really isn't a B, but i'd thought i would list out for dramatic effect

Korie said...

I'm catching up on your blogs and I love them as always. Had to comment on the ensemble, too. I've been telling Sadie how I love the look of the knee socks and boots and she should try it. I just bought her a couple pair of cute knee socks for Christmas, so you have to work this look next time your home so Sadie will go for it!