Friday, November 12, 2010

Coal Miners Daughter

A few weeks back, GT and I watched the story of the Country legend Loretta Lynn "Coal Miners Daughter".
I'll say GT wasn't thrilled at the idea, but afterwards he was very happy with the decision.
How can you not love that story and the movie and the woman?

how can you not love her words? Fire=fuur, tired=tuurd.

There-in my fascination with LL began.
To my liking, she was honored 2 nights ago on the CMA awards (picture below is not from that event)
I looooooved it
Her story intrigues me. Her simple description of, well, pretty much everything is so raw and painfully true at times.

So, on my drive to KC I pulled up my NPR Addict app on my phone.
You can view me as a nerd or intellect.... Whichever you choose.
I listened to a few interviews by different show hosts with Loretta and once again was purely delighted by her humble stories and dialogue.
Her songs such as "The Pill", "Rated X" and "Divorce" are hilariously honest.

I'm rambling....
So, one of the interviews featured her collaboration with Jack White.
Brilliant.
I love them both and have been obsessed with Jack at times.
I go through musician obsessions.

Obviously, I am now obsessed with these 2. duh.
Although their work together started 6 years ago, I am starting my love for them now.
late, as always
after the album he produced "Van Lear Rose"
Jack White kissing Loretta Lynn

Perfect




So delicious.


There are many many more interviews and videos of these two and I will be searching the inter web for more.
And probably buy an album or 2.

Hope you enjoy

Coal Miners Daughter,
Financial Adviser's Daughter,
Kate

4 comments:

Laura for Something Legit said...

YES! Could this be from your wedding present bundle? We thought you guys would love it!

The Heart Mom said...

You are the MOST eclectic music lover on the planet. Serious, sillyscrumptious,sensitive and saucy taste -- you are always all over the place. But I love your recs-- all of them.

Can you tell I'm at a writer's conference?

I miss you. Kiss and hug 50 times for Gram.
Love
Mom

Kyla said...

Buzz, i do believe she found this in that bundle! I am so happy y'all loved it!!! Pass on its goodness.

Jake and Jamie + 1 said...

Yo Katiepoo! Jamie and I are listening to our Loretta Lynn pandora station right now. love it! thanks for the plug in to a new world of classic country. see ya Friday at midnightish