Monday, November 29, 2010

house dreams

So, some Newlywed fun.

We like to plan our future home.
GT and I both like to do this. It's true.
Perhaps we may never build it, but it still is fun to dream.

I sketched my floor plan the other day.
Wow, that seems bold when I typed that out.
Oh well, I'm over it.


A farmhouse would be perfect.
Wrap-around porch with swings and rockin' chairs please!
brew me up some tea and watch the garden grow.


My primary focus is the kitchen, of course.
Where does everyone end up anyway???
These beams make me weak in the knees.
and the natural light....i fainted

You couldn't pay me to get out of this bed...


You probably could if it meant heading down to this beaut.
Look at those beams! and the gas range! and the floor!

Then you could find me curled up here with some profound work of Literature,
whilst watching my horses hydrate in our pond.


Then I'd have to decide between my 3 kitchens.....aaahhhh.

The thing is.
GT doesn't really like white.
I don't like black.
Our decorative palates don't jive.

Yeeesh, the potential disagreements.
J/K.
We'll do white.


Perhaps, a one day  home builder,
Kate


all photos snagged here

1 comment:

Rebecca Gibbs said...

Love the pics...your future home looks dreamy! ; )