Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Don't rain on my musical loving parade

I, Katelyn Jane Taylor, promise to not make this blog into a musical commentary.
However, I will on occasion declare my love for all things musical.

Also, controversy is not one of my favorite things. Therefore, I typically do not mention controversial topics. Honestly, I run from them. Avoid them like a plague.
But, I am mentioning Glee. I know that this has been quite a topic of controversy for a while and I have been avoiding it because of this. I use to be a HUUUUUGE Glee fan, then it got a little too sketchy and awkward. Still, I loooove the music. I love Lea Michele, I love Matthew Morrison.
So, I will share them.

Not now or ever do I stand behind what Glee is promoting or disagreeing with (whatever that is).
I just love musicals. The end.

One of my fave musicals is starring the magnificent Barbra Streisand, Funny Girl.
When she sings "Don't Rain on my Parade"....i die.
Then Lea Michele covered it on Glee. i didn't blink.
Here they both are, but Lea doing it at the Tony Awards.
gasp.

 






In my next life, after I'm a tiny dancer, I will be on Broadway.
For now, I'll just sing in the car.



Tap dance dreamin,
Kate

No comments: