Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday is a good Monday

Oh boy, oh boy. Do I ever have so much to share!
1. Another Newlywed Lesson Learned. I have a feeling, they'll keep sprouting up.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

True
GT and I spent the weekend apart and I know that we both enjoyed ourselves doing our gender-stereotypical respective activities. Yet, we were both chompin' at the bit to see eachother come Monday..."it'll be alright, come monday...." sorry I can't resist some Jimmy B.
Anywhoooo...I digress.
We had also spent the previous weekends' Saturday apart doing girly things for me and manly things for him. To better display my activities, here are some photos. I was noticeably happy to be eating at a fresh-market restaurant in Dallas on a beautiful patio with wonderful people who I love and admire, the Kisers



Kyla, my former rooms, and I got some fro-yo (this is all the Dallas posh craze and for good reason), got pedis, went shopping, watched movies, went out to eat and giggled. It was perfect.

I also cuddled with Franklin. The man-dog. You should considered your life not yet lived if you have not had the pleasure of knowing this Scotty

This photo was from the previous weekend at the, It's a Mom Thing Event, put on by my awesomely creative and inspiring aunt Chrys.

The speakers, which included my amazing mother, were hilarious, emotion and inspirational. My fave though was the praise team. Hearing a room full of women sing praise and pour out their heart to God is...breathtaking. I would've loved to spend the whole day and longer in song. Praise be to our God for beautiful voices and the vessel that song is for our worship.

2. Meanwhile, my hubs participated in true mens activities and bonded with the great outdoors. Photos of his adventures to be displayed in a later post. I am doing this for those with attention spans as short as mine

3. Should we get a Wii??? I know, you can think about this for a while...it's a big commitment.

Love and fro-yo,

Kate

1 comment:

The Heart Mom said...

Loved your post about your weekend with Kyla and Franklin... I know without a doubt that you did miss GT and a little away time is essential to that - so good job, ya'll.
And your last sentences.. a little hint/nudge with bdays coming up???