Wednesday, September 8, 2010

thank heaven for little boys

Listen up ladies!!!
(all 2 of you reading this, and if you're married...disregard)
Another lesson learned.
These just keep popping up.
Don't settle for anything less than what you want in a man. period.
I always knew I wanted, but really needed, a man. You know...a MAN.
The kind that would fix stuff, open your door, want to watch sports all day but would sweetly pretend not to care if you asked him to do something with you, would rather be outside killin' things, like to "handle this", pay the bills, take out the trash...you get the picture. I needed me a man.
But, I never had any idea the kind of man I'd find myself snuggling up to for the rest of my life. And did I ever get a man. I brag about him often, so I will save it, but I like his rugged manliness and am thankful for his knack for fixin', huntin' and doin'.
As promised, here are some displays of him out at my parents' property in Calhoun, La.
I think it's perfect there.
My dad built these ponds.
He's a MAN too.
shootin'



dad fishin'



trainin'



thats me. not being good at fishin' (i'm too impatient)
... until my man showed up.



and here we are. lovin'



here's to love and findin' your kinda man,
kate

3 comments:

Laura said...

thank you.... There is just one picture missing (steak, potato, salad, cobbler)...Man

The Heart Mom said...

Katie, too sweet. I mean it. I love these words. For your mom/therapist this is such hopefilled words. I love it and I love you. And Grant.

Rachel & Larry said...

Said a 'lil AMEN! as I read this one. Love this blog Mrs. Taylor! I thank the Lord that I TOO am the wife of a real MAN =)

Keep up the blogging sister, you have a real gift!