Wednesday, September 29, 2010

S.O.S...Our Camp needs help!!!

My very favorite place in the whole entire world is in Calhoun, Louisiana.
Camp Ch-Yo-Ca is where everyone needs to spend their summer, and if possible their life.
Basically, every summer since I can remember was spent out at Camp. Of course, it's not just the place that makes it perfect, but the people. Some of my favorite people and best friends were met and made at Ch-Yo-Ca. If I could, I'd prepare a 23 day slideshow of pictures and reason why I love this summer oasis. But, I've limited that to a few pics and a few sentences for your benefit.

Here's where you come into play.
Camp needs a pretty big overhaul and Pepsi Challenge is hopefully the means to which this project can be taken on. If you haven't heard, Pepsi is donating some moo-lah to charitable organiztions/projects and Ch-Yo-Ca has entered to win 50 grand!!! We will know tomorrow if we made the cut for voting. If and when this happens...WE NEED YOUR VOTE!
It's super easy and this money is what Camp needs to get up to date with repairs and maintenance.

Please help!
Also, send your kids to Camp. You won't regret it! Sometimes I want to cry when I realize that I can never be a camper again.

 This summer I was able to go out for a day and help with "Survivor Day".
I wish there was a way to tell all of the kids out there to soak up every second and never leave, even if that means hiding out in the bathhouse when their parents come to pick them up after closing ceremony because they'll never experience anything like that 1 week ever again. I miss it.


Canoe races are just one of the awesome activities at Camp.


One of my first summers at Camp to stay the night.
Perfect.


your dearest camp lover,
Kate

No comments: