Monday, August 9, 2010

BIRD!!!!

We are training our Woodrow to be a Water-Dog. And, when I say "we", I mean GT. I throw in the occasional command, but mostly stick to the observation deck and encouragement command post. What is a Water-Dog?... one might ask. Well, quite simply, it's a good ole huntin' dog. Therefore, not only will I be left without a husband many a weekend in the fall, but I will also be without my compadre and pup. I will send them both off into the glorious world of duck and dove killin'(and anything else that flies). Perhaps, once in a blue moon, I will be able to join them.

Here are things you might see while observing dog training at home:

Your husband sternly giving commands to a dog easiliy distrated by yours truly




Your husband rewarding a good puppy and talking a very high pitched baby-talk voice




Your husband running like a crazy man around the back yard telling the dog to "come on"



And......Mallard decoy heads in your kitchen sink.

I must say though, GT is doing a fine job so far and I am very impressed with his training. If you'll all come visit, you can get a first hand demonstration.

I'll be back with more house and job updating soon! I'm sleepy for now!

Nighty night,

Kate


1 comment:

Lana Summitt said...

...if you get a puppy, you will not be alone during duck season :)