Sunday, August 1, 2010

As long as old women sit and talk about old men

As I type, GT and I are sitting in our new living room! Nope, we did not move homes, but we sure did move furniture. Along with rearranging and cleaning we accomplished quite alot in the 3 days that comprise a weekend. Friday and Saturday morning we successfully hosted our first garage sale...hooray!!!! Friday and Saturday night we drove out of town for concerts and had a wonderful time being music-lovin' love-birds. Sunday we had a great morning at church then worked our little rear ends(not off though...unfortunately) on the house, watched some Shark Week and baseball and I got ready for starting my new job tomorrow. Here are the most interesting pics from the happenings.
As you can see, these two were a huge help at the sale.
Just pickin, no buyers at the time.
Thankfully, this kid came to our garage sale. Possibly, the best mullet I have ever seen (and I live in Arkansas)

We drove to Monticello Friday night to hang out with my cousins Korie and Willie at a Buck Commander event. It was a cd release party for a band featured on the Duck/Buck Commander videos, CashBox. We had a blast hanging out in a field and bowling alley...don't ask. Seriously though, I love my cousins alot and have so much fun anytime we're together.

Randy Travis. I love him, forever and ever, can I get an Amen! As is now a yearly tradition, GT and I found a show close to us, Magic Springs, and sat back in our lawn chairs and listened to this legend and his soul grabbin' voice. We are rarely more content than we were for those 2 hours.

One thing that I love about RT and music of the like is the foot tappin' that it inspires. There was not a foot sitting still during "Diggin' up bones" or "Whisper My Name", just to name a few.

Happy Best day of the week,

Kate

No comments: